Sunday, March 26, 2006

Rang De India

Wil start with a confession - This is the second movie, I have seen four times in a theater, and that too in sucessive weeks. The other movie, which shares the proud spot with RDB is Vaali, a tamil movie, which for me always was and is about Simran and nothing else. So, Rang De Basanti (IMDB link here) reflects personally on me as I have moved from issues skin deep to ideas which live deep with in. RDB to has a fantastic score by Rahman, and lyrics by Prasoon Joshi (the admaker in McKaan who made the Thanda Matlab CocaCola) . The story is good, and the way present has been intermingled with the past, puts the future in extremely good light. Aamir Khan has done it again, making his presence felt, while leaving a huge space for his co-stars to sparkle. And sparkle they do, especially Siddharth, who fits the role like a glove, and has played his part brilliantly. Hey did I mention this before? Prasoon had mailed me back (after the euphoric mail I had written to him for his lyrics and story) and was thankful that we spared some time for the movie. We should. Endpiece: Amul advertsing has always kept pace with the times, and have always managed to satirize the recent happening in a way that it doubles up to market their butter too. Here is what they said about RDB:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home