Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Beautiful Mind

I have always been interested in Game theory, from the management angle rather than the mathematical one. And had picked up the Syliva Nasser's book much before the movie had come. Then, when the movie was released I managed to watch a pirated version, before the Oscars. And yes, I agree, Nash had a beautiful mind. Generally everyone has. However, this beautiful mind is of no use when confronted with a simple April Fool trick. Here is an account of my eventful day on April 1, 2006. 1. It was midnight for what was March 31st, but for my friend Allan, I was the first guy to be conned, when he asked me to go looking for "Brownie" our street dog. 2. Then, we thought of Madan, sent him a SMS from Allan's mobile that my phone is misplaced, and he should give a missed call immediately to help us locate it. Madan too called many a times, till we called him and pointed out that Allan himself could have called my mobile, if 'twas necessary, and thus went to the bed laughing. 3. The glorious morning saw Shashi being trapped first, when he believed my story asking him not to come to Chennai, but remain in Bangalore as I told him I am getting engaged. Shashi even volunteered to come along for the shopping and all. 4. Meril, Elango and Arul - All were taken in by a simple ruse, that they need to travel to U.S. immediately on a B1 Business Visa. Meril was happy and surprised, while Illu and Anna were too numb and shocked. Both were thankful to see the SMS later, while Meril was disappointed about not going. 5. In between, I had called Isaac (who is the TCS Manager HR for Swiss, France, Italy & Greece) that I am traveling to the Ferrari project in Italy next week. I reeled out few names Raja, Murali, and all he believed it fully. And was glad that I am traveling' finally, and to a location near him. 6. We (me and Allan) also pulled a neat one on Gee and Ramya. 7. Towards the evening, it was time for Vivek. I called him and told him that Ice is in N.Y. and he should get in touch with him asap as Ice is not able to reach him. Sometime later I get a sms from Vivek saying he is not able to contact Ice, however he is leaving for NY immediately with a friend who was traveling there anywhere. Now, I start feeling guilty for really taking his "trip", and confess the whole thing to him, only to get a outburst of the choicest syllables. Sometime later I am however told that it was a reverse take on me. Hmmm, so I started the day as a fool, met lot of fools on the way, while ending my own day as a fool. Aint life too like this?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so..... I started the day as a fool, met lot of fools on the way, while ending my own day as a fool.

... A sentence worth going down in history

4/05/2006 04:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an heart felt day at the end.... we were talking till 4am from 11:50pm April 1st.

Chinna(ram).... after me meeting two destitutes on April 1st evening in the differently abled school.... i felt like is my heart beating without life or those ppl are living in heartless society....

am REALLY SORRY to all and for hinting you(da ram) to make fool of others.... love~allan

4/07/2006 04:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home